The Seibu Group concentrates operations in three main areas—urban transportation and regional,
hotel and leisure, and real estate—while also benefiting from synergies with the construction andHawaii business segments.
Key initiatives in the six months ended September 30, 2019
- Introduced a new share-based remuneration system for Directors to strengthen corporate governance(Jun. 21, 2019).
- Collaborate with Air X Co., Ltd., which was adopted at open innovation program “Biz Lab Accelerator 2017” and started demonstration experiment of Helicopter transport service (Jul. 27 - Sep. 8, 2019).
- Promote action on sustainability to deal with social issues concerning public awareness on SDGs.
■Urban Transportation and Regional
- Completed renewal construction on Seibu-Shinjuku station. Opened the second foreign tourist information center for Seibu Railway(Apr. 1, 2019).
- Seibu Railway and Yahoo! Japan started demonstration experiment on railway congestion forecast using big data and AI (Aug. 19 - Sep. 20, 2019).
- New Limited Express Laview was awarded for “Kids-Friendly Equipment” in the Kids Design Award 2019 (Aug. 23, 2019).
- Seibu Railway has announced renewal of Seibuen Amusement Park, collaborating with Katana Inc (Opening in 2021).
- Banned disposable plastic straws at leisure facilities alongside Seibu Railway lines (Toshimaen, Seibuen Amusement Park, etc.; from end of May 2019 onward).
■Hotel and Leisure
- Opened its first membership resort for Prince Hotel, Prince Vacation Club Karuizawa Asama and Prince Vacation Club Villa Karuizawa Asama (Opened in Jul. 8, 2019).
- Renovated Sanyo-so (Ryokan) in Izu Nagaoka. 8 rooms in the annex building were renewed as Prince Vacation Club Sanyo-so (Opened in Jul. 17, 2019).
- Decided to start a limited service hotel brand Prince Smart Inn for the next-generation. One in Atami in the summer of 2020, and another in Kyoto in the summer of 2021.
- Opened its first global luxury brand for Prince Hotel, The Prince Akatoki London(Sep. 16, 2019).
- Signed hotel management contract for the project on the site of Kiyomizu elementary school in Kyoto. The hotel was named The Hotel Seiryu Kyoto Kiyomizu (Opening in Mar. 2020).
- Formulated “Action Plan for Reducing Food Losses” to address the growing problem of global food losses and food waste (May 16, 2019).
- Opened DaiyaGate Ikebukuro (Apr. 2019).
- Completed construction of mixed-use facility for rental apartment, commercial retail shops and childcare service at the south gate of Higashi-Nagasaki station.
Opened the emilive Higashi-Nagasaki, our sixth emilive apartment alongside railway lines (Opened in Sep. 2019) (emilive is Seibu’s rental apartment brand with a concept of offering a quality lifestyle within just a few minutes from a Seibu train station).
- Promoting MetLife Dome renewal project (Ballpark project). Opened official team store FLAGS, new indoor practice field, players' dormitory Wakajishi and office building (Jul. 2019).
- Saitama Seibu Lions won the Pacific League pennant race for the second consective year and the 23rd time overall (Sep. 2019).
Note: This page only depicts a list of events that happened during the sixth month ended Sep. 30, although our overseas subsidiaries use a calendar year in respect to accounting