Agenda (The key objectives)
Under the four broad categories
Safety Agenda: Ensure safety and reliability
By steadily providing safe services, we support the foundation of our customers’ lives and create environments in which they can engage in business or leisure activities with peace of mind.
Environment Agenda: greenhouse gas reduction, waste reduction, ensuring water supply, protecting forest and species
We are mindful of the natural environment, air, and water resources. As such, we contribute to environmental protection through our business in addition to reducing our environmental impact through efficient use of energy.
Community Engagement Agenda: developing rail corridors and invigorating local communities, creating accessibility through universal design, aging population and low birthrate
We work on regional revitalization while actively addressing the social issues facing Japan, such as a low birthrate and an aging population, and we also embrace diversion and inclusion with universal design.
Corporate Culture Agenda: work style reforms, recruiting a diverse workforce, human resource development and human resource management, compliance
We are promoting the development of a structure for establishing a trusted corporate culture in addition to activities designed to instill the Group Vision so that each of our employees will act accordingly.
The process of determining the Group's key objectives
Assessing a broad range of social issues
Identified social issues comprehensively with reference to the UN Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs), ISO 26000 international standards for social responsibility, sustainability reporting standards set by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and other criteria.
Narrowing down of social issues
Narrowed down the social issues given our business activities and business environment, and with reference to initiatives being taken by our peers.
Determination of agenda
Determined agenda after prioritizing and categorizing the issues based on the principles laid out in the Group Vision, our current initiatives and discussion among management. Sustainability Actions was determined as a key measure of the medium-term management plan, which was approved by the Board of Directors.
Structure for promoting Sustainability Actions
We have established the “Seibu Group Sustainability Actions Development Guidelines” to put together a structure for promoting Sustainability Actions in a continuous, proactive, and systematic manner.
The Seibu Group has established the Seibu Group Sustainability Committee, where a meeting takes place twice a year in principle, to report and discuss the Group's approach to Sustainability Actions and its progress at each Group company as well as its response to climate-change risks.
The content of those reports and discussions at the Committee are reported to the Board of Directors of Seibu Holdings. In addition, information is shared at Seibu Group Sustainability Actions Promotion Council, which is composed of representatives from departments promoting Sustainability Actions in order to ensure effectiveness of what’s been discussed at the Committee.
The details are as follows.
(1) Seibu Group Sustainability Committee (meetings held twice a year in principle)
- To steadily promote sustainability initiatives as the group-wide implementation by monitoring the progress and determining a direction.
- CEO of Seibu Holdings （Chairperson）
President and Representative Director, President and COO of Seibu Holdings
Executive Officer in Charge of Corporate Strategy Department of Seibu Holdings
Presidents of main business companies in Seibu Group
- Major activities
- Reporting progress on measures related to Sustainability Actions from each Seibu Group company (including progress on CO2 emission reduction).
- Discussing Sustainability Actions agenda (key objectives) and other policy-related matters.
- Discussing cross-functional measures in response to climate changes, human resource management, supply chain management, etc.
- Report on responses to external requests from ESG evaluation organizations, etc.
(2) Seibu Group Sustainability Actions Promotion Council
- To share the orientation and implementation methods of the Group with each of its member companies and facilitate systematic progress
- General Manager of Corporate Strategy Department, Seibu Holdings(Chairperson)
Representatives of Departments promoting Sustainability Actions
- Major activities
- Sharing the orientation discussed at Seibu Group Sustainability Committe
- Reporting progress in Sustainability Actions
- Sharing information on matters of the Seibu Group
(3) Departments promoting Sustainability Actions
- Departments that promote Sustainability Actions the Seibu Group’s main business companies and at business companies in the same governance grouping