Abiding by the principles set forth in its Group Vision, the Group is committed to conducting business in an open and fair manner while paying close attention to feedback from customers and community residents. Acting as a member of the local community, the Group proactively collaborates within its sphere and with civil groups as part of its efforts to contribute to community development and environmental conservation.
The Group's railway services are deeply rooted in towns and cities throughout Japan, while its hotels collaborate with local communities to attract tourists and its real estate development business brings regional investment. From that basis, the Group works together with municipalities situated along its railway lines to stimulate regional development. At the same time, the Group tailors its services to address the needs of local populations, which are aging at a rapid rate, by making its services more convenient for the elderly and applying universal design to improve accessibility.
Initiatives implemented by the Group companies
Invigoration of railroad corridor and local communities
Attracting tourists to stimulate local economies
The Group companies initiate campaigns to attract tourists and provide regional tourism information in collaboration with various municipalities in an effort to stimulate the economies of the communities they serve. Recognizing that train stations are often the first place that tourists visit, at Seibu Railway, we have worked to improve the overall appeal of the line itself through such efforts as introducing a new Laview limited express train and making improvements at station buildings
- Developing tourist trails in the Hakone area and Shiga areas in collaboration with organizations and other companies' locations to attract inbound tourists
- Operating train service allowing cyclists to bring their bicycles on without dismantling or in bike bags
- Seibu Railway Renovated Hanno station with a Scandinavian motif to match the local, recently opened Nordic theme park and to promote the area as a tourist destination
- Seibu Railway Began the new Laview limited express service on the Seibu Ikebukuro Line to provide more comfortable and faster travel
- Operating "Seibu Travelling Restaurant : fifty two seats of happiness" along scenic routes between Tokyo and Saitama prefecture
- Ohmi Railway Group Promotion of Biwaichi project through tie-up with local governments
Building stronger ties with local communities
The Group companies make extra efforts to build stronger ties with their surrounding communities. For example, Seibu Railway and Seibu Lions both work to bring dynamism to local areas through their participation in assemblies and conferences as well as collaboration with relevant organizations. Likewise, Prince Hotels supports local producers of food, beverages and handicrafts by selling their goods at its hotels.
- Seibu Railway Active in an association of municipalities served by its railway lines that organizes events and jointly promotes projects covering a wide range of initiatives, including tourism, culture, education, industry and environmental conservation
- Seibu Railway Held a festive farmers' market event at Shakujii-koen station in Tokyo to promote locally grown produce and food product
- Seibu Railway Identifying and communicating the appeal of the railway line by promoting industry-academia collaboration with nearby universities and other educational institutions
- Prince Hotels Promoting local producers by selling their goods at hotels, including popular resort areas such as Karuizawa and Manza area
- Seibu Lions Concluded an agreement with several cities in Saitama prefecture to promote community development and social welfare through collaborative projects
- Seibu Construction Preferentially selecting local subcontractors and using locally produced building materials
- Seibu Landscape Promoting community involvement in park management through volunteer and other activities, also organizing local events at parks under management
- Seibu Landscape Signed partnership agreement with Kiyose City on an apiculture project for the purpose of providing a place for citizens to learn and experience environmental education program utilizing the characteristics of honeybees
Ensuring full access to transportation
The Group companies, including Seibu Bus and Izuhakone Railway Group, offer community bus services and cooperate with ride sharing programs to ensure that everyone in rural communities has access to public transportation.
- Seibu Bus Operating community bus services consigned by municipalities along railway lines
- Izuhakone Railway Group Collaborating with cities and towns served by railway lines to provide taxi service for school commuting or shared ride, to support the local transportation
- Ohmi Railway Group Collaborating with local government to provide shared taxi service, and holding Ohmi Railway Future Factory to study together with the community about the future of local transportation in the area
- Seibu Properties Inviting car- and bicycle-sharing businesses to operate from parking lots on some properties
Improving accessibility through universal design
Making facilities barrier-free
The Seibu Group is a member of The Valuable 500 global initiative to draw out the latent potential of those with disabilities and promote their participation in society. Click here for “The Seibu Group Commitments”
The Group companies have been applying universal design principles with the goal of making its buildings and facilities fully accessible to everyone, including people with physical disabilities.
- Seibu Railway Expanded number of stations for placement of braille blocks with safety line. Installing them at stations with 3,000 or more daily passengers, installing them at stations with 3,000 or more passengers getting on and off
- Seibu Railway Introduced employee app to share the information of passengers who require assistance, between all stations
- Seibu Railway Introduced new measures to make trains more accessible, such as designating zones for baby strollers and wheelchairs in new 40000-series commuter trains and installing fully accessible toilets in new Laview model limited express trains
- Seibu Railway and Seibu Hire Registered as company supporting the fiscal 2019 Tokyo Barrier-free mindset
- Seibu Bus, Izuhakone Railway Group, Ohmi Taxi Added accessible bus fleets and universal design (UD) taxis
- Prince Hotels, Hawaii Business Renovated hotels with fully accessible guestrooms and other features for people with disabilities.
- Seibu Landscape Provided all employees with training on basic sign language and procedures for assisting people with disabilities in parks under management
- Seibu Group companies Support for those with disabilities as a sponsor of Mirairo ID digitized disability certification app
Improving services for international tourists
As an operator of transportation services and hotels, the Group works tirelessly to assist tourists visiting Japan, which have been growing rapidly in recent years.
- Expanded multilingual websites
- Provided pamphlets and tour guide information in multiple languages
- Adopted an original tax exemption system for international tourists
- Offering Wi-Fi services for tourists
- Seibu Railway Operating tourist information centers in Tokyo's Ikebukuro and Shinjuku districts to provide over-the-counter guidance to tourists from overseas
- Seibu Railway Providing train service information in English, Chinese (simplified and traditional), and Korean via multilingual website and Seibu Railway Line App, introduced POCKETALK® AI voice translator at all Seibu Railway stations and on limited express trains
- Seibu Railway, Seibu Bus, Seibu Hire and Seibu Properties Introduction of multilingual visual translation devices at stations, bus information centers, and shopping facilities
Aging population and low birthrate
Helping parents care for children
With the number of children in Japan on the decline, the Group makes conscientious efforts to support childrearing. In communities served by its train lines, nursery school services are offered by Seibu Railway, Seibu Properties and Ohmi Railway. The Group also makes it easier to travel with children by equipping trains with stroller zones.
- Seibu Railway, Seibu Properties Operating the Nicot brand of nursery schools in train station buildings to provide convenient access to childcare services
- Ohmi Railway Operating a nursery school near Hikone station
- Seibu Properties Mixed use facility at Higashi-Nagasaki station was certified by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government as a residential building that supports childrearing.
- Seibu Properties Introduced in-station shared office brand “emiffice” and opened in Nerima station adjoining with after school childcare to support young families
- Seibu Railway Designated zones for baby strollers and wheelchairs in 40000-series commuter trains, and installed multipurpose toilets fitted with a baby chair and changing table in new Laview model limited express trains to assist passengers with infants and small children
- Seibu Hire Offering a 24-hour taxi service for pregnant women and mothers with small children
- Izuhakone Taxi Group Providing a specially designated taxi service for pregnant women
- Ohmi Taxi Providing a child-friendly taxi service for young family
Offering learning opportunities for children and families
The Group has been providing children with practical and hands-on learning opportunities, such as family sports days and occupational role playing events, through the Group Children's Support Project. The project was established for the purpose of providing valuable experiences to children and memorable times for families, and will be actively promoted in the future.
- Providing year-round outings for children to experience various occupations through role playing at Seibu Group companies
- Prince Hotels Offering free ski lift passes to children under 13
- Seibu Lions Established a children's fund (using revenues from selling charity goods) to donate to youth baseball leagues and teams
- Seibu Lions Dispatching the team's mascot, Leo and Lina, to nursery schools and kindergartens
- Seibu Lions Offering original Seibu Lions baseball caps as gifts to children in elementary schools of Saitama prefecture. Giving soft baseballs specially made for infants to childcares in Saitama prefecture, using a portion of revenues from sales of official baseball cards
- Yokohama Hakkeijima Holding classes for children at the Sea Paradise park to educate them about marine ecosystems and environmental issues
- Seibu Landscape Providing job experience opportunities and extracurricular classes in collaboration with schools near parks under management
Offering support for senior citizens
The Group has established a project for helping senior citizens live happier and more active lives. A wide range of activities are being offered through the project.
- Seibu Railway, Izuhakone Railway, and Ohmi Railway Organizing walking and hiking events for senior citizens in areas served by railway lines
- Prince Hotels Promoting holiday plans tailored to senior citizens, including trips for couples and three-generation family golf trips
- Seibu Railway Offering healthcare courses at BIGBOX Higashi-Yamato and EMINOWA recreational facilities
- Seibu Railway Operating fitness clubs near train stations (Takadanobaba,Saginomiya,Higashikurume and Tokorozawa stations)
- Seibu Lions Organizing recreational games for senior citizens
- Seibu Bus, Seibu Hire, and Ohmi Railway Offering discounted bus and taxi fares to senior citizens who voluntarily give up their driver's license