The Group promotes its Group Vision through various initiatives to encourage all employees and managers to reflect on the principles of the vision and put them into practice. It is also taking steps to make its workplaces more comfortable and motivating to work in, while fostering a corporate culture that all stakeholders can trust. Through these efforts, the Group will strive to maximize corporate and shareholder value going forward.
Measures to promote the Group Vision
The Group Vision that was formulated on March 27, 2006 explains the Seibu Group's management philosophy as well as the starting point and ultimate goal of all activities of Group employees. We are rolling out measures to promote it in various ways.
- Survey on the Group Vision is conducted annually among all Group executives and employees to find out how well the Group Vision has penetrated the Group and identify any issues.
- Team Smile Awards recognizing outstanding efforts based on the Group Vision.
- Smile Factory wherein employees from Seibu Group companies submit measures and ideas to management to create a climate conducive to taking up challenges and promote inter-company collaboration.
- Good Job Card, a tool for recognizing positive actions taken by subordinates based on the Group Vision and support communication within the workplace.
- Operate an internal website called “web-ism” (information for Seibu group members) ,sharing various information related to the Group Vision.
Initiatives implemented by the Group companies
Work style reforms
Revamping personnel systems and improving working environments
Aiming to improve work-life balance and workplace conditions for employees, the Group companies are taking steps to create more comfortable working environments by restricting long working hours and allowing for flex-time work from home.
- Adopted flextime systems to allow employees to choose their working hours, and allowed diverse working conditions by making use of telework and ICT systems to let employees work at home or offsite.
- Restricting overtime hours and implementing systems to prevent long working hours.
- Maintenance of employee dormitories for railroad and hotel employees through new construction and reconstruction, etc.
- Seibu Railway provides cleaning services for employee dormitories.
Initiatives to improve operational efficiency
Seibu Group companies are actively utilizing ICT. In addition to improving operational efficiency and the work environment for employees, they are engaged in such efforts as cooperating in demonstration tests and introducing robots to further increase safety, reliability, and comfort for customers. They are also providing customers with solutions that utilize AI and other technologies.
- Introduction of RPA (robotic process automation) to increase operational efficiency.
- Group-wide standardization of existing systems and digitization of paper-based work.
- New autonomous delivery robot "Relay" introduced for the first time in Japan at Shinagawa Prince Hotel N Tower.
- Demonstration experiment of autonomous driving system by Seibu Bus.
- Seibu Landscape supports for improving efficiency of green space maintenance with automatic lawnmowers.
- Seibu Railway has launched a demonstration experiment using a translation-capable transparent display at Seibu Shinjuku Station.
Recruiting a diverse workforce
Aiming to boost its competitiveness, the Group is cultivating the organization that make the most of their diverse human resources while respecting the individuality of each employee. To promote diversity, the Group is actively recruiting non-Japanese nationals, providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities, and re-employing personnel who have reached retirement age, while also implementing measures to facilitate the career advancement of female employees. Through these actions, the Group is maintaining workplace environments that are comfortable and motivating to work in.
In addition, to provide opportunities for students to choose their careers, each group company offers workplace tours and internships for high school students and for undergraduate and graduate students.
Click here to see more information about initiatives related to the promotion of diversity.
Human resource development and human resource management
Human resources education and training programs
With a view to increase productivity and sustainably increase corporate value, the Group offers a comprehensive range of training programs at each level of career advancement and years of service, and provides support for employees who aspire to acquire relevant qualifications.
- Offering training programs to new employees, employees who have worked for a certain numbers of years, and managers.
- Established the Seibu Academy in fiscal 2018 to provide study and overseas work programs as well as foreign language and correspondence courses.
- Offering compensation and financial assistance to employees to help them acquire necessary job-related qualifications.
- Provide training on J-SOX and economic laws and regulations to employees of Group companies, as well as safety education and skills training sessions according to the nature of the business.
- Provides training opportunities using videos and online.
- At Prince Hotels Inc. in Hawaii, employees who are engaged in volunteer or community activities as part of “the Prince Make a Difference Program” are granted an extra day of annual paid leave on top of their normal paid leave.
For more information, please click here.
Establishing a group-wide compliance system
Seibu Holdings aims to establish a compliance system for the entire Seibu Group. The Group is working with each group company to enforce relevant rules including the Seibu Group Code of Corporate Ethics, which was formulated based on the Group Vision, and we have formulated the Seibu Group Human Rights Policy to clarify the human rights stance of stakeholders, which has become increasingly important in recent years. Besides enforcing relevant rules, that covers having training and activities to ensure that all employees including top managers are strongly aware of compliance related issues.
- Conduct compliance training, inviting external lecturers.
- In order to establish internal controls, we conduct general inspections of operations in the work-site operation divisions and periodically check the implementation status of operations and staff education. Also inspect the management of company assets, facilities, information, etc.
- Read out the Group Vision, Seibu Group Code of Corporate Ethics, compliance manuals for each Group company, handbooks for compliance with economic laws and regulations, and manuals stipulating how to manage Group business secrets.
- Select a compliance leader in each workplace and exchange opinions, etc.
- Established two whistle-blowing systems, the "Corporate Ethics Hotline" and the "Sexual Harassment and workplace relationships Hotline," which are available to all directors and employees of the Group, for the purpose of early detection and early resolution of internal problems.
Maintaining security of personal information
The Group takes a variety of measures to properly protect confidential information and customer data. For example, it provides employees with regular training on preventing email attacks, collects information on compliance with international laws, and has systems in place for immediately responding to security breaches.
- Providing training on email security and awareness of information security.
- Participating in the Nippon Computer Security Incident Response Team Association to collect and share security-related information.
- Collecting information on compliance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation and other international laws, and maintaining systems designed for immediately responding to data leaks (data breaches).
Seibu Group Human Rights Policy
As a corporate group that creates activity and excitement for customers in all aspects of their daily lives and conducts highly public business activities rooted in local communities, the Seibu Group respects the human rights of everyone involved in those activities to achieve the ideals behind the “Smiles ahead” slogan of the Group Vision.
In addition, the Seibu Group has established the “Seibu Group Human Rights Policy” to indicate in greater detail the Seibu Group’s views on “Respect for human rights,” which is stipulated in the “Seibu Group Code of Corporate Ethics,” and promotes initiatives for respecting human rights.
The Seibu Group is committed to contributing to a sustainable society by cooperating with its own companies and business partners to conduct procurement that is not only in compliance with laws and regulations but also in consideration of the environment and society.