- Introduced a new share-based remuneration system for Directors to strengthen corporate governance (Jun. 21, 2019).
- Collaborate with Air X Co., Ltd., which was adopted at open innovation program “Biz Lab Accelerator 2017” and started demonstration experiment of Helicopter transport service (Jul. 27 - Sep. 8, 2019).
- Promote action on sustainability to deal with social issues concerning public awareness on SDGs.
Urban Transportation and Regional
- Completed renewal construction on Seibu-Shinjuku station. Opened the second foreign tourist information center for Seibu Railway (Apr. 1, 2019).
- Seibu Railway and Yahoo! Japan started demonstration experiment on railway congestion forecast using big data and AI (Aug. 19 - Sep. 20, 2019).
- New Limited Express Laview was awarded for “Kids-Friendly Equipment” in the Kids Design Award 2019 (Aug. 23, 2019).
- Seibu Railway has announced renewal of Seibuen Amusement Park, collaborating with Katana Inc (Opening in 2021).
- Banned disposable plastic straws at leisure facilities alongside Seibu Railway lines (Toshimaen, Seibuen Amusement Park, etc.; from end of May 2019 onward).
Hotel and Leisure
- Opened its first membership resort for Prince Hotel, Prince Vacation Club Karuizawa Asama and Prince Vacation Club Villa Karuizawa Asama (Opened in Jul. 8, 2019).
- Renovated Sanyo-so (Ryokan) in Izu Nagaoka. 8 rooms in the annex building were renewed as Prince Vacation Club Sanyo-so (Opened in Jul. 17, 2019).
- Decided to start a limited service hotel brand Prince Smart Inn for the next-generation. One in Atami in the summer of 2020, and another in Kyoto in the summer of 2021.
- Opened its first global luxury brand for Prince Hotel, The Prince Akatoki London (Sep. 16, 2019).
- Signed hotel management contract for the project on the site of Kiyomizu elementary school in Kyoto. The hotel was named The Hotel Seiryu Kyoto Kiyomizu (Opening in Mar. 2020).
- Formulated “Action Plan for Reducing Food Losses” to address the growing problem of global food losses and food waste (May 16, 2019).
- Opened DaiyaGate Ikebukuro (Apr. 2019).
- Completed construction of mixed-use facility for rental apartment, commercial retail shops and childcare service at the south gate of Higashi-Nagasaki station.
Opened the emilive Higashi-Nagasaki, our sixth emilive apartment alongside railway lines (Opened in Sep. 2019) (emilive is Seibu’s rental apartment brand with a concept of offering a quality lifestyle within just a few minutes from a Seibu train station).
- The first shared workspace by Seibu Group, emiffice Nerima opened inside Nerima station (Opened in Sep. 2019).
- Promoting MetLife Dome renewal project (Ballpark project). Opened official team store FLAGS, new indoor practice field, players' dormitory Wakajishi and office building (Jul. 2019).
- Saitama Seibu Lions won the Pacific League pennant race for the second consective year and the 23rd time overall (Sep. 2019).
Note: This page only depicts a list of events that happened during the sixth month ended Sep. 30, although our overseas subsidiaries use a calendar year in respect to accounting periods.